Studies show that Americans drink three times as many margaritas in the month of May alone as they do in the entire calendar year. Ok I made that up–but it got your attention and it’s probably true. Between Cinco de Mayo and the annual Tampa Bay Margarita Festival, Tampanians drink enough margaritas to fill the Hillsborough River… and that’s totally fine.
I got the opportunity to partner with Big City Events on a ticket giveaway to this year’s Margarita Festival, and although the winner has already been announced, you can still score with the promo code “5MARG” to receive $5 off general admission through May 23rd. If you’re not familiar with the Margarita Festival, here are a few reasons why you should definitely attend this year:
- Barenaked Ladies headlining, along with numerous other bands performing throughout the day
- New RFID wristband system allows for a cashless experience all day long
- New “cool” zone and more shade than ever, because global warming is real
- New local restaurant partners to be featured. Check out the lineup
- Numerous margarita flavors varying from classic lime, mango jalapeño, rose-rita, and everything in between
- An official “Margarita Run” for the weird, over-achiever type
Buy your tickets here. See you there!